Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Electrical Safety Shocker!


This 15 amp heavy-duty extension lead was brand new and had been borrowed from a principal contractor by a sub-contractor. The lead had been inspected, tested and tagged prior to the sub-contractor borrowing it. During a workplace inspection a couple of days later, the lead was seen to be incorrectly installed into one of the construction switchboards (it wasn’t secured to prevent it being pulled out).

When checked this dangerous modification was found to the plug top. As the board was only fitted with 10 amp socket outlets and the 15 amp plug would not fit – someone simply broke off the extra large earth pin rather than sourcing the proper lead.